Cabo fishing trip

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

dezertwerx

Cabo fishing trip

Post by dezertwerx »

My family and friends get together every year in Cabo San Lucas... so I thought I'd share a few photos from one of our last trips. Every year its a different crowd, so things never get boring. We do a little bit of everything... herp, hike, swim, party & of course fish!

This last trip we were lucky enough to have a few friends from Argentina come out and spend a week there with us... we had a great time. Here are a few photos.

My lovely girls... on the beach.

Here are the folks enjoying sunset on the beach

My parents again with Federico from Argentina

While they were enjoying the sunset.. my friend snapped this picture, kinda cool.

My Mom, my daughters, and our friends Federico & Paulette... enjoying a beautiful afternoon on the beach... Sea of Cortez

My daughters were hanging out at the beach and pool every chance they got... they had a blast. I took some pics of them playing on a hammock on the beach.
First saw my youngest "Stephanie" rocking the hammock, trying to get her sisters to fly off.
then they joined her... kids having fun I guess :crazyeyes:
and finally.... they all flew off!

We decided to check out their new attraction "Swimming with Dolphins" it was pretty cool. Expensive, but lots of fun!

Here are all of my girls, wife included.
Here is my oldest & herping partner "Alexus"
My daughter "Lydia"
And of course my youngest "Stephanie"
They had such a good time... it was well worth it :D

On to the fishing... I got lots of video. But was busy fishing the whole time. Went out 2 days and got alot of fish. Released all of the billfish & a large Shark. Took home lots of Wahoo, Dorado & Tuna

Was really happy to take my daughter out for her first deep sea fishing adventure. She had such a blast and landed some huge fish! (and a few tiny ones :lol: )

Here is the boat we went out on... Picante Sportfishing, been going out with them since I was 12 years old. Im 32 now. They have some beautiful boats, amazing crews & captains that can find the fish!
we were lucky enough to get the fastest boat of the fleet... we left 1/2 hour after everyone and passed them up quickly!

Here is Me, My Dad & of Course my daughter
My Dad and his good friend Federico... who had a really rough time with sea sickness the first day out.

We hooked up with some great fish... had lots of action and luckily we were all able to land a decent amount of fish.

got so much video, wish I would have gotten more pics of the fish... but it was a great feeling pulling into that dock with so many flags up!
this one really made me proud... on this one, I helped her hold the pole (too expensive to let it go for a swim).. but she did all the pulling and reeling. The crew was pretty shocked she didn't give up. It was the biggest (non-billfish) of the day!

We ended up pretty tired... but had a great trip.

Here is what we enjoyed after that long day of fishing... this was just one of the many plates that were served.

And lastly... after the second day of fishing, we thought we'd go into town and see the fishing report. We were pretty surprised to see this posted at the Picante Sportfishing Office. They shorted us a wahoo and tuna... but its okay.

All in all it was a great trip... had lots of fun. Hope you enjoyed.

Richard
dezertwerx

Re: Cabo fishing trip

Post by dezertwerx »

posted it twice... wierd.

Oops. :crazyeyes:
Kent VanSooy

Post by Kent VanSooy »

NICE dodo! Looks like a fun trip - thanks for sharing!
dezertwerx

Post by dezertwerx »

Thanks Kent... those Dorado were something else man. Never get tired of catching those.
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

As I watch out the window at our first snow coming down, your post is a killer.
Great job.
Beautiful family - Make sure you archive the pics well... Trust me 25 years from now, they will be more valuable than money.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
PS I think I'd rather catch (and eat) Dorado (Dolphin Fish, Mahi Mahi) more than almost any other fish.
dezertwerx

Post by dezertwerx »

Thanks Bill...

Thanks for your kind words and I am glad it brought some warmth to your chilly day... by the way have you tried Wahoo? If you are ever in Cabo and catch some wahoo or dorado, go to a local restaurant (i can recommend a few)... we have them cook our catch in about 4-5 different ways. Best fish dinners I've ever had.
millside

Post by millside »

first, nice family pics. the girls really had fun.

nice to see you had some great fishing, but I still can't take my eyes off that cooked fish platter.
that thing looks awesome :thumb:
dezertwerx

Post by dezertwerx »

They definitely had alot of fun... and I coulda sworn I had some pics of the actual fish plate. Where the Tuna, Dorado & Wahoo were cooked 5 different ways.... that plate was pretty impressive :shock: (if I find it I will add a pic)

BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

by the way have you tried Wahoo?
Whahoo is some great eating as well.
I guess the reason I prefer Dolphin, at least in Florida, is because of their aerial fight.
In the SE, you can generally tell when you hook a Whahoo because the first thing they do is sound!
dezertwerx

Post by dezertwerx »

I'd definitely have to agree about their flight being pretty awesome to see... I once saw a Dorado flying out of the water chasing a flying fish. Looked pretty amazing.... we ended up catching the same big bull a minute later. Opened him up and let the flying fish go, it was still in tact.