Big fish from Canada

Hang with a fishy crowd.

Moderator: Scott Waters

tai haku

Big fish from Canada

Post by tai haku »

In case any of the fishermen don't visit the mammal subforum I thought I'd flag the fact that part 2 of my Canada trip report in there is slightly more focussed on these

than the bears and whales of part 1..... :lol: It's here:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/vie ... 68#p168168
muskiemagnet

Re: Big fish from Canada

Post by muskiemagnet »

what is that?? the only thought is white sturgeon, but the eyes are way too big.

-ben
tai haku

Post by tai haku »

It is a white sturgeon.
muskiemagnet

Post by muskiemagnet »

boy do i feel stupid. i had the species correct, but i failed to realize that the "eye" i was referring to is actually the mouth. :? :? :? duh.

-ben
dery

Post by dery »

muskiemagnet wrote:boy do i feel stupid. i had the species correct, but i failed to realize that the "eye" i was referring to is actually the mouth. :? :? :? duh.

-ben
:lol: I make myself look stupid quite often. I just learn and forget the experience later.
muskiemagnet

Post by muskiemagnet »

dery wrote:
muskiemagnet wrote:boy do i feel stupid. i had the species correct, but i failed to realize that the "eye" i was referring to is actually the mouth. :? :? :? duh.

-ben
:lol: I make myself look stupid quite often. I just learn and forget the experience later.
thanks dery. i've been watching the lake sturgeon jump since i was a kid. i should have known better. i think we need a smilie with one hitting thier palm on their forehead.

-ben
dery

Post by dery »

muskiemagnet wrote:
dery wrote:

-ben
thanks dery. i've been watching the lake sturgeon jump since i was a kid. i should have known better. i think we need a smilie with one hitting thier palm on their forehead.

-ben
Yes, that would be awesome.