HERP NATION Magazine

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Biker Dave

HERP NATION Magazine

Post by Biker Dave »

So whats the scoop? I haven't seen a new issue in quite some time. Is it kaput?
Its hard to promote a mag to someone if the issuance of said magazine is irregular.
Kelly Mc

Re: HERP NATION Magazine

Post by Kelly Mc »

Many special interest publications have a spaced issue rhythm especially if high quality. Vivarium Magazine was like that too. Its the cheesy ones that can extrude one out every month like clockwork with lesser fodder.

It will be worth waiting for.
justinm

Post by justinm »

I agree that the gap has been pretty long. I would appreciate some kind of update if it's not going to follow the pattern it has up to now. Unless I'm really bowled over with the rest of the issues on my subscription I think I'm done.
gbin

Post by gbin »

You can try adopting my view, Justin. I just think of the subscription cost as a nice, easy way to support this website (which I reckon it does to at least some extent) and think of the magazine itself as a nice bonus. ;)

Gerry
Biker Dave

Post by Biker Dave »

It seems the mag was coming out pretty regular until they expanded into all the video and "tbv" stuff and thats when it started faltering. I know this is all "side job" sort of stuff, but I agree, an update now and again would be a nice thing. At least that way I don't feel like a Bernie Madoff victim... :)~
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

Indeed......irregular. I know better than anyone! LOL I have given updates on the Herp Nation FB page. try to leave the FHF crowd alone as much as I can, but I probably should have said something by now given this has been the longest time between issues. Regarding the future of the mag.....

I have a partner now and things are really about to "pop", so to speak. Once #17 is out, which will be this month, you'll start getting them every two months......for sure. This has been a personal project, not a business, but that is changing.

If the delay has been too much for people to tolerate, I totally get it. All I can say is that with the subscription price now $25 and the mag about to actually stick to a schedule, you'll miss out on something cool. But again, I won't haggle with anyone as to why they've chosen to not pick it up anymore. Do whatcha gotta do, as will I. :) It's gonna be SO cool to watch this magazine expand. All thanks to those committed to supporting it from the beginning. Thanks for hanging in there. You rock.

Dave, regarding your concern about our other media influencing a delay in the magazine. No, that is not why the mag has been delayed. I work in broadcasting for a living so doing podcasts and blogs are something I can do NOW, unlike the mag which is an enormous process and cost. Article submissions, editing, image work, layout, printing, distribution, and so on. All of that takes a TON of money, of which I have been pulling out of my pocket since the beginning. If the mag was as easy to do as the other media, you'd be getting an issue every week! If you remember the Vivarium, they had huge gaps in between issues as well. Like them, I would suggest that HN is worth it. Oh, and Bernie Madoff actually made money off people via criminal activity. I am not. That's a fact. Compare me to the old Vivarium magazine and their delays due to insisting on keeping it legit with articles rather than an actual deadline, not Bernie. :)

Take care,
Scott
Biker Dave

Post by Biker Dave »

Just so everyone knows, Scott and I had a conversation via Messenger about this and I think he knows that its just my addiction for such a cool magazine thats making me nuts. I think we are all good again, right Scott?

Dave
gbin

Post by gbin »

Gee, Dave, I thought it was just your personal style to falsely accuse someone of something (e.g. my supposedly claiming that the HERP database is worthless, Scott's supposedly running Herp Nation magazine as some kind of a Ponzi scheme to rip off subscribers) and then to ignore it when they've refuted your false accusation. I guess it makes a difference when the person you're targeting with your BS is someone you want something from rather than just someone you dislike, eh? :?

Gerry