nook vs kindle

Herp literature forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

cachoron

nook vs kindle

Post by cachoron »

Hi Guys,

I wonder if buying a electronic device for readind/fiding books would be a good idea. After reading good/bad things on the ratings from both products, I think that a lot of people buy it as a cheap iPad which, they are not. But, besides that point and trying just to use it as a reading device.......Do you have any experience on them? what do you think? are the books you find there just the newbestsellers/pieceofcrap and no good books available? color ones are worthed for magazines?

NEDD HELP!

Thanks in advance
best
justinm

Re: nook vs kindle

Post by justinm »

I have a Nook, I wanted a Kindle (they weren't in stock for weeks when I was shopping for them). I now still want a Kindle. Barnes and Noble has very little in the way of natural history books compared with the enormous selection on Amazon. Book prices usually seem similar with Amazon mostly coming out to be cheaper. I found it really hard to use field guides that have maps on a page hundreds different than the description.

Flipping a page is no big deal, flipping chapter, or even hundreds of pages is so hard I did it once and gave up on doing it ever again.

If I was going to get another one, I would get a Kindle Fire, since it's backlit and can be used at night with out needing an additional lightsource to read by. The selection of books is greater on Amazon, so that makes it worth it for me.

As far as them being a tablet... The browser sucks hard on the Nook so bad that I wouldn't call it a tablet.
cachoron

Re: nook vs kindle

Post by cachoron »

Thanks a lot Justin, your post is very helpfull

best