Flickr again... say it aint so.

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Owen

Flickr again... say it aint so.

Post by Owen »

OK, I'm now getting an unsupported browser message when I click on one of my photos. When I click on the upgrade button for IE, it says that I have the latest version 9 for Vista OS. Pleeease don't make me upgrade to Windows 8!!! I hate that thing. Anyway, just a Flickr rant since I can't even view my old photos with my regularly used laptop.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just me and my 2007 Dell XPS? I've also had Flickr since 2007 when Yahoo photos converted over.
soulsurvivor

Re: Flickr again... say it aint so.

Post by soulsurvivor »

I have a Dell and use Firefox. IE sucks and is less safe than Firefox anyway. Have you considered making the switch? I've had no issues with Flickr.

~Bree
Owen

Post by Owen »

soulsurvivor wrote:I have a Dell and use Firefox. IE sucks and is less safe than Firefox anyway. Have you considered making the switch? I've had no issues with Flickr.

~Bree
I think that it more has to do with the computer OS and what are the latest versions of browsers available for it. I understand that there is a problem with FF as well. My OS is Windows Vista and IE-9 is the latest version for Vista. Vista does not support the newer versions of IE that work with the Flickr changes. Hopefully, they have a fix, because there are a lot of Vista/Windows 7 folks out there. Yes, I have a computer with Windows 8, but I really dislike 8.
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I have a Mac and use Firefox...I have no problems viewing anything...buy a Mac Mini and get out of the Microsoft pit...you can still put Microsoft stuff on your Mac, like Word, etc.
Stohlgren

Post by Stohlgren »

I am not having any problems with Flickr using Firefox on Windows 7 on my laptop or on Windows 8 on my desktop.
Owen

Post by Owen »

I just downloaded FF and it works. I guess Flickr won't support IE-9 anymore :(