Please Take a Look: New Herp Book Idea

Photography knowledge exchange.

Moderator: Scott Waters

CCarille

Please Take a Look: New Herp Book Idea

Post by CCarille »

Hey All,
I've been thinking about this for awhile... putting a book together of herps from around the world. I've traveled to several places and gotten a lot of photos/knowledge. I would like to eventually publish a book of all my own images (I've had many used for magazines and books already). This is a ways off for me though.

So... to the point... I wanted to know if anyone/everyone would be interested in helping me to put together a book/collection of high quality images of herps from around the world. I would be adding images of my own as well and would do all of the editing... (picking which images are used, adding text, the organization). I would make sure everyone that added images received credit for their photos and try to get everyone who contributes a copy (this really depends on the publishing company and how many copies they provide me). Whatever money received for the book would be used to purchase more copies to give to people, and any extra could be put towards a charity (a conservation fund or even cancer research... the point is I'm not in this for money).

The goal of the project is to showcase a lot of great herps and great photographs from many people, from all over the world. I'd probably separate the photos by continent, providing info about each species/locality (not giving away exact herping spots). Ideally, all photos would show herps in habitat, but many close-ups (not showing cages/hands) could be used.

I'd like to improve on Laita's Serpentine (being less "artistic" and actually correct with labels), O'Shea's Boas and Pythons of the World (being more comprehensive with all herps and better photography), and Mattison's The New Encyclopedia of Snakes (being more comprehensive with all herps and less technical). If I can't find a publisher for the book I will create a purchasable pdf that can be provided to everyone who contributed.

I think with the great amount of talent we have here, as well as our common interest and diverse countries of origin, we could really create something spectacular as a group. I know many of you take photography very seriously and this could be a great opportunity to showcase some work (and get a credit/publish in a book). If you look at publishing, there really aren't too many people who have solo books out there on herps.... so this could be an amazing collaboration. On the same note, I believe this could be good to show the non-herp community a lot of the diversity and beauty that we find in herps out in the field, around the world, and here on FHF.

For those that don't know me... I've been published (writing and photographs) in a few magazines (HerpNation, Scales & Tails Australia, IRCF's Reptiles & Amphibians) and books (photographs in a book coming out by Scott Schupe and my own book on the Candoia Genus coming out). I am also an Adjunct Professor at Marist College and Mount Saint Mary College in the Biology Department.

If anyone is interested in submitting photos or providing feedback... please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Cheers!
Chris Carille
Antonsrkn

Re: Please Take a Look: New Herp Book Idea

Post by Antonsrkn »

I do like the idea, but I feel like it might be too much to include all in one book. Obviously you couldn't include all the herps of the world in it, then you start wondering which herps should be included and why. Whats more important; pretty animals, rare animals or herps that are most representative of a certain region? I don't know if any book of a reasonable size could include enough, in my opinion every single continent (Antarctica excluded) has enough herp diversity to justify a pile of books, thats what makes herps so great for me. But for what its worth I'd be happy to contribute any images, here's a selection of some of my better images that I have online; if you want take a look and if you see any you like let me know... http://www.flickr.com/photos/26500525@N ... 761681079/
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Count me in, if you need my help. I love books the size of Neptune :-)
justinm

Post by justinm »

I have the Atlas of Reptiles and Amphibians and the Atlas of Snakes of the World. These are easily the largest books I own. One of them weighs 14lbs I believe.
Thor Hakonsen

Post by Thor Hakonsen »

I could contribute with some photos :)

www.flickr.com/photos/thorhakonsen
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

I'm ecstatic to see a few people interested already!!! :D I've been thinking about this idea for some time now and really want to get the project underway and a pdf set-up to submit to several publishers. I think with the talent and knowledge we have on the forum we could really make something special.

Thanks Thor, Anton, and Hans.... I will compile a list of the herps I have, as well as the ones you have and then get back to you about getting the full-res images. I'll end up creating an excel sheet (similar to what I'm doing for my book) with all of the shots, ids, and credits. With your permissions, I'd like to be able to make minor edits to some of the images for print (saturation, clarity, cropping)... please let me know if you do not want me to alter any images in any way.

Hans - what's your site again where your herp images are?
Antonsrkn wrote:I do like the idea, but I feel like it might be too much to include all in one book.
I should have clarified a little. I guess what I'd like to do really is to compile a photographic book with tons of info as well. I want the book to be comprehensive, in that it will include sallies, lizards, turtles, crocs, snakes, etc.... but not every species on Earth. It'd probably end up similar to what Justin listed, the Atlas of Reptiles and Amphibians. I haven't looked at this book, but I'm guessing I'd like our project to end up more field-based, with better photography, and herping tips instead of husbandry tips for each area.

Also, an idea I've been kicking around. Does anyone think there is any worth in having a small section (a few pages) at the end of each herp region with "other" fauna? Basically, a few pages of other animals (butterflies, birds, fish, megafauna). There'd be less info, just photos, ids, and credits... as an attempt to connect to more people and also display more great photography.
MattSullivan

Post by MattSullivan »

id be happy to help this looks like a pretty cool idea! and a pretty large book :lol: here's my flickr site if you see anything good haha http://www.flickr.com/photos/44947946@N06/
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Great idea, Chris. My son Nicholas (11) would feel privileged if any of his photographs were included in your book. Here's the link to his "Favorites" album on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholashe ... 656138629/

If you'd prefer, I could also e-mail you a (much) smaller selection of what I think are the most viable shots. That should save you some time.

For herps in Europe you may want to check out the website of Jeroen Speybroeck, a herper from Belgium (and FHF member) I hosted when he visited California 2 years ago. Jeroen is the first person to have found - and vouchered - every single herp in Europe. You can find all of his photographs here:

http://www.hylawerkgroep.be/jeroen/index.php?id=47

Jeroen should also be able to hook you up with other European herpers who have additional, and perhaps even better, herp photographs.

Robert
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Fantastic Robert and Matt!

For such a large project, more photographers and more diverse origins improve it all.

*Edit

So looking for advice on:
- adding a few pages for each region of other interesting/beautiful flora/fauna?
- a page at the end with a photo (small - think high school yearbook like) of each photogragher?

Starting to compile a very ROUGH list of photos... I'll make a list and then send it to the possible contributors looking for full-res images. I'll take any other suggestions as well (if you have a photo you think is great and I missed listing it or seeing it on a provided photostream link). Once I have all of the photos, I'll catalog them (number and species) and start working on the writing (species information and region information, as well as a section on herping advice). Once I have all of the writing done and the photos catalogued, I'll put a pdf together for publishing submissions and work on finding someone relevant to write a forward... maybe Chris Mattison or someone like that with photography and herping experience.

This is going to be a very loooong process, so please be patient with me and please spread the word to increase the species we cover!
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Chris, it sounds like you have it all planned out :thumb:

Since you asked: I tend to think that adding a few pages for each region of other interesting/beautiful flora/fauna would make an already rather voluminous book even more so. But that's just me, and I'm not heavily opposed to the idea.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Robert
MattSullivan

Post by MattSullivan »

I agree with Robert i think adding sections for other nature/wildlife would look awesome but it WOULD make a much bigger book haha but im still all for it :lol:
justinm

Post by justinm »

I'm average at best, but I have almost every species in the Midwestern US in high res photos. If you give a species list I'll try to get them all on my Flickr site for you to look at. I don't ask any money for anything that is educational.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmichels/
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Thanks Justin! and Thanks Matt and Robert for the input! I appreciate it all!
justinm wrote:I don't ask any money for anything that is educational.
That's good because I don't have any money to offer! haha I'm simply looking to put together and author the project. I'm not going to make money from it, looking to donate it. The benefits for the photographer(s) is getting material in print, getting a credit line and a book on a resume, helping to spread good information and photographs about commonly hated fauna, and getting a copy of the book. I don't have a budget of any sorts to get this off the ground, I am just using spare time to create something from the herp community for the herp community and everyone else.

If it all works out, each contributer will get a copy of the book for free. Any money made from the project will go towards copies for contributers and then excess will be donated to an appropriate foundation in the name of the photographers (as a group) incorporating that we are all part of the herp hobby.

I know many photographers aren't keen to provide work gratis, but it is always nice to see work in print that may not find a home otherwise.
jamezevanz

Post by jamezevanz »

Wish I'd seen this sooner. I'd be happy to contribute any photos from my growing and underutilized reptile collection.

http://jamezevanz.photoshelter.com/gall ... O.djHvJB4/

PM me file names of anything you like and I will provide high res and additional information that you may need.

- Jamez
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Thanks Jamez! No worries about the timing, as this project will take some time. :D
Nshepard

Post by Nshepard »

Sounds like a cool idea, let me know if you want to use anymore of my photographs! I like what you did with Tails and Scales.

I'd like to hear more in the future as you start this project.
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Thanks Nathan! I'm currently working on Part 3 - The West Coast for Scales & Tails.

I'll take a look through your shots and add them to the master list, and let you know when I have a full list to send requests to everyone.
PNWHerper

Post by PNWHerper »

Chris,

I will gladly contribute if there is anything of mine that might be of use to you. Please PM me and I can send you link to my picasa albums. Many of my best photos have ended up in posts on the forums here.

Cheers,

Fil
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Fantastic Fil! PM sent!

Update 05/23/2013 10:11 pm:
Photos I've gone through:
- Nicholas Hess (Robert Hess - sent e-mail)
- James R. Evans (sent e-mail through your site)
- Anton (last name? - sent a pm)
- Thor Hakonsen (e-mail sent)
- Justin Michels (e-mail sent)

Still need to work through:
- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- PNWHerper
- Riley Campbell
- Matt Sullivan

Please don't be offended if it takes me a while to e-mail you a shot-list. Some of you have a ton of photos to scan through (and Flickr currently won't let me sign onto it)!

These are the people who have said they would submit photos. It's a short list still, so please spread the word so we can build the book!
Jeroen Speybroeck

Post by Jeroen Speybroeck »

I sent you an e-mail.
Thor Hakonsen

Post by Thor Hakonsen »

CCarille wrote:Fantastic Fil! PM sent!

Update 05/23/2013 10:11 pm:
- James R. Evans (sent e-mail through your site)
- Thor Hakonsen (e-mail sent)

- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- PNWHerper
- Riley Campbell
- Matt Sullivan

Please don't be offended if it takes me a while to e-mail you a shot-list. Some of you have a ton of photos to scan through (and Flickr currently won't let me sign onto it)!

These are the people who have said they would submit photos. It's a short list still, so please spread the word so we can build the book!
I cant see any mail from you - try one of the following adresses

thoeha[at]online.no or thor[at]thorhakonsen.com
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Update 05/24/2013 9 pm:
- James R. Evans (sent e-mail/photos received)
- Thor Hakonsen (NEW e-mail sent)
- Matt Sullivan (e-mail sent)

- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- PNWHerper (pm sent - I apologize for not catching your name)
- Riley Campbell
- Jeroen Speybroeck (e-mail sent)
- Andrew Snyder
Asnyder

Post by Asnyder »

Count me in! I've got loads from Guyana and Honduras with plenty more to come!
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Asnyder wrote:Count me in! I've got loads from Guyana and Honduras with plenty more to come!
Awesome Andrew! Great that you're in!

I'll add you to the list of threads I need to look through.

I've got to say, so far I'm pretty impressed with the photographers that have stepped up to contribute. I understand the worry about handing over photos to someone you may not personally know with no money at the end of the rainbow. From the photos I've selected so far, we're starting to get a really good mix of species with fantastic photography. I have no doubt that a publisher will pick up our book and everyone that contributes will get a copy. I think our end result will be quite spectacular! I'm pretty excited about it all so far and I've only gone through several sets of photos.

To provide more info (or info that I believe everyone contributing should have) I've copied a conversation I sent (via e-mail) to another possible contributor to answer some of his questions:
"If the project comes to fruition and is published, I will be looking to strike a deal with a publishing company for copies of the book as well as money. The copies will be distributed to each contributor and the money will be used to buy more copies to distribute to contributors (I'm assuming there will be more contributors than copies provided initially). Any extra money will be donated towards a cause, whether it be tropical conservation, reptile and amphibian conservation, or cancer or (insert disease here) research. The donation will be made in the name of the book/it's contributors. When the time comes, I will poll all of the contributors for input (offering suggestions - not solely for US research/conservation - in fact it'll most likely be for something abroad) and go with the majority vote.

This following paragraph was in response to being asked about having others author sections on other regions since I am US based:
I understand that since everyone is contributing their work they'll want a say, but if too many people are in charge then nothing will ever get done (as one saying goes, "Too many chiefs and not enough indians"). That being said, I do plan on querying several photographers/herp hobbyists for information and to author a short-section on their respected regions. If I get someone, such as yourself (Europe), for each region it'll be to author a section of information on herping highlights, advice, etc. Each region will start with a highlighted world map of the region.

2 - The text is going to be centered around introducing the species in the photographs. Within each region (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America and the Caribbean, etc.) I'm not 100% set on how I want the images/information laid out. This will come more so when I see how many images are available for publishing and how many species come in from contributors.

3 - The soul of the book is going to be its photography and diversity. There will be some geographical information, as well as taxonomic. The geography will lead the format with species being separated by region.

4 - Right now, my criteria for selecting images has several facets. I am looking at composition, colors, rarity, uniqueness, and photographic technique. The images should have visual appeal. This is also why I am asking all photographers for permission to make minor edits - increase saturation or clarity, crop to fit a page a particular way, or to clear up dust on the image. I will do my best to maintain the photographer's integrity in every image. All of the images are going to be of wild herps in the field - I don't want the book to be based on captive animals (that'd be a whole other project). The only captive images that will end up in the book are ones of particularly unique aspects - macro scale shots, gecko's feet, particular scalation, etc. I am also looking to add rare species or common species with unique actions (unken reflex). In the case of being rare, the image may not be the best but will display a species not often seen or found in the field.

5 - I have a layout in mind and plan to send a pdf of a "complete" manuscript to several publishers. On the same note, when I have everything set, written, and in a pdf I will forward it to contributors to ask for general feedback. This will help to solidify that none of the images are being altered or used in a way that goes against the photographer's integrity. Since you seem genuinely interested, I plan to have the book differentiated by region (Europe, North America, etc...) with a short section at the beginning of each region on field herping that region and the herpetofauna. I plan to query Chris Mattison (herper and photographer), or someone of similar qualifications, for a foreword. I have e-mailed with him before and believe that he would be a great candidate for the part. I also would like to query Edward O. Wilson or David Attenborough to author an epilogue on the importance of conservation and herpetofauna (this may be a little lofty of a goal, but I'd still like to query). Both are well-known for their conservation values and could lend a potentially fantastic end to the book. Lastly, although a little anthropocentric, I would like to put in a "yearbook" style page or two of all of the contributors - small head shots, names, reference websites. This last idea is only a thought and I will definitely run it by everyone before proceeding on that front.
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Chris, thanks for sharing the list of photographers who are on board so far.

How about also contacting Rob Schell and Jack Goldfarb? Both are CA-based photographers and have absolutely amazing shots. And both are FHF members.

Rob Schell: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robschellphotography/sets/

Jack Goldfarb: http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_horned_jew_lizard/

Then again, once you see their photographs, you may not want or need Nicholas's shots anymore :?

Robert
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Update 05/29/2013 6:30 pm:
Complete (received photos, ids, locations, credit line info):
- Nicholas A. Hess (Robert Hess - sent e-mail/photos received)
- James R. Evans (sent e-mail/photos received)

Photos I've gone through (and e-mailed shot lists):
- Anton (last name? - sent a pm for e-mail info)
- Thor Hakonsen (NEW e-mail sent)
- Matt Sullivan (e-mail sent)

Still need to compile shot lists (given permission as contributors):
- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- Fil (pm sent)
- Riley Campbell
- Jeroen Speybroeck (e-mail sent)
- Andrew Snyder
- Matt Jennette (pm sent)
- Rob Schell (e-mail sent)

Total species (not shots) for photos received (2 photographers' photos - my list of photos requested is already in the hundreds):
Snakes: 18
Amphibians: 6
Lizards & Skinks: 3
Crocodilians: 0
Schell

Post by Schell »

Robert -

Thanks for referring Chris to me. I'm happy to help and contribute in any way I can.

I apologize for my absence on the forum over the past year or so, but work and other pursuits have monopolized my time as of late.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,

Rob
PNWHerper

Post by PNWHerper »

Chris,

PMed you my album URLs. And my name is Fil.
Rothdigga

Post by Rothdigga »

Chris,
I'm totally down to help out on this as well. I'm guessing you've got most of the local California species covered by a lot of the contributors on the list...but I do a lot of travelling and can help with a bunch of ones I've shot.
Here's a link to my sets-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rothdigga/sets/
and this one is just herps...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rothdigga/ ... 788234553/

I've got quite a lot from Peru as well as The Galapagos, Costa Rica, South Africa and some other places.
PM me for any questions. I noticed you need Crocodilians if I read correctly. I've got Black Caiman and Speckled Caiman photos as well as Alligator and Croc photos somewhere in there.
Great idea and I would be stoked to contribute.
Jason
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Happy you're joining us Jason! I'm sure you'll have some great shots to add. I'll put your links on my list of photos to sort through. I've been going through a few slowly because a few contributors have 2000+ photos to search through.

Thank you Rob as well for joining the project! (18 contributors now! - 19 with me)

Update 06/03/2013 7:30 pm:
- Nicholas A. Hess
- James R. Evans
- Matthew Sullivan (all set other then 2 photos)

- Anton (last name? - sent a pm for e-mail info to send a shot list)
- Thor Hakonsen (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Justin Michels (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Andrew Snyder (e-mail sent with shot list)

- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- Fil Tkaczyk
- Riley Campbell
- Jeroen Speybroeck
- Matt Jennette
- Rob Schell
- Jason Rothmeyer
- Chris Harrison
- Zeev
- Matt Buckingham

Total species (not shots) for photos received (3 photographers' photos - my list of photos requested is already in the hundreds):
Snakes: 19
Amphibians: 17
Lizards & Skinks: 3
Crocodilians: 2
Testudines: 2
zeevng

Post by zeevng »

Hi!
I am super interested!
I've lived in India for years, and in Israel too, and have a large collection of herp pictures from those regions.
I'd offer my SoCal ones, but there are far more and better photographers in the area.
A small sample of just some pictures I had on my hardrive without looking are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/noamsilan/
Let me know if you want me to find and send any others, plus send me a species list of what you would like to have!
Looking forward!
Zeev
chrish

Post by chrish »

I'm in if you need more stuff.

I have some of my stuff online here - http://www.pbase.com/sandboa/snakes (separated into taxonomic groups within subalbums)
and some snake skin closeups here (if they are of interest)- http://www.pbase.com/sandboa/scales

and I have quite a few other shots not on my pbase gallery.

Chris
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Chris and Zeev - glad you two are up for helping out! I'll add your links to my list of galleries I need to go through.

Zeev - I'm not in search of any particular species. Really, whatever beautiful photos are contributed are what will be used - no matter what species. The book/atlas won't have every species in the world, but will have good diversity - the main guiding factor being image quality and species information. That being said, if you have some shots you think would work, please put them up on Flickr or send me an e-mail ([email protected]).

Chris - those are some great scale shots! Any chance any of them are over 500kb? I ask because I don't know if they are cropped shots and going by some of the magazines I've submitted images to, 500kb seems to be a minimum size for quality prints. (you can e-mail me the answer to this - I need everyone's e-mails anyways)
Matt Buckingham

Post by Matt Buckingham »

You probably have most of North America covered from all the great photographers that chimed in. I have a few photos of Argentine herps in this Flickr set. Towards the bottom there are a number of anuran shots. I'm happy to send full res shots of any that you are interested in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mabuckingh ... 784076771/
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Fantastic Matt! I'll add your Flickr to my list... it may be a couple weeks before I can get to it, but when I do I'll send you an e-mail with a shot-list. I'll look through all of your photos.... in the end I'm looking to get the best shots of the photographed species from each region, not necessarily one of each/everything. As an example, you may have a better copperhead shot than the ones I currently have, so it'd be used instead or there may be two equally impressive shots used, or copperheads may be left out entirely if there isn't any good shots. The point being, I'll look through all of your reptile and amphibian photos!
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Update below
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Update 06/16/2013 6:15 pm: Over halfway through the 19 contributors so far. The major needs (predicted) for more photos are for the following regions: Oceania (Australia, NZ, etc), the Seas (sea snakes and turtle shots mainly), Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, so spread the word!!

- Nicholas A. Hess
- James R. Evans
- Matthew Sullivan
- Justin Michels (waiting on 2 shots)

- Zeev (last name? - sent a pm for e-mail info to send a shot list)
- Matt Buckingham (sent a pm for e-mail info to send a shot list)
- Jason Rothmeyer (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Rob Schell (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Matt Jennette (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Chris Harrison (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Riley Campbell (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Ryan Francis (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Fil Tkaczyk (e-mail sent requesting other gallery links)

- Hans Breuer
- Nathan Shepard
- Jeroen Speybroeck

Total species (not shots) for photos received (4 completed photographers' photos - my shot list is 67 pages long so far, so there will be a lot more! haha granted that includes photo links, contributors names, and latin and common names):
Snakes: 24
Amphibians: 21
Lizards & Skinks: 7
Crocodilians: 2
Testudines: 5
speedy

Post by speedy »

I would be happy to help with Australian Herps. I dont have heaps but there are a few here which maybe of interest. http://www.flickr.com/photos/79861098@N06/

Cheers

Ryan
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Update 06/27/2013 1:00 pm: We now have 22 contributors and counting. The major spaces we need photos for are the following regions: Oceania (Australia, NZ, etc), the Seas (underwater sea snakes and turtle shots mainly), Africa, the Arctic region, and Asia, so spread the word!! I'm going to start writing the species' info soon (this coming week) for the various sections.

- Nicholas A. Hess
- James R. Evans
- Matthew Sullivan
- Ryan Francis
- Matthew Jennette
- Justin Michels (waiting on 2 shots)

- Zeev (last name? - sent a pm for e-mail info to send a shot list)
- Matt Buckingham (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Jason Rothmeyer (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Rob Schell (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Chris Harrison (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Riley Campbell (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Nathan Shepard (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Jeroen Speybroeck (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Markus Oulehla (e-mail sent with shot list)
- Fil Tkaczyk (e-mail sent requesting other gallery links)

- Hans Breuer (e-mail sent)
- Andre Schmid
- Daniel Bohle

Total species (not shots) for photos received (6 completed photographers' photos - my shot list is 100 pages long so far, so there will be a lot more! haha granted that includes photo links, contributors names, and latin and common names):
Snakes: 29
Amphibians: 27
Lizards & Skinks: 24
Crocodilians: 3
Testudines: 5
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Thanks for the update, Chris.

Just curious: How come the number of lizard species is (still) so low (only 7)?

Robert
CCarille

Post by CCarille »

Hey Robert.... the lizard/skink count is only low because I didn't ask for many lizard shots from the 5 contributors so far. There are over 100 photos of lizards out on request already... the majority all different species. That's without me going through Hans' (many photos of asian/malaysian herps), Jeroen's (all of Europe's herps), and Nathan's photos (2500+).

In the end, if we can get more contributors for the areas needed, we'll easily have over 200-250 lizards/skinks, almost all 23 species of crocodilian, 70-80 testudine species, and 600+ amphibian and snake species. More than enough for me to be fairly selective and to fill a very large book with at least 100 photos a section/region.
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Thanks for clarifying that, Chris. Makes sense now.

Robert