Ben Siegel Strikes Again (Literally)

Press clippings from around the world.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kelly Mc

Re: Ben Siegel Strikes Again (Literally)

Post by Kelly Mc »

Beginners and warm hearted eccentrics are often subject to eye rolls for "caring how a reptile feels"

Even though it has been proven that reptiles can percieve pain, and distress.

It is so troubling the tendency of disconnect commonly observed in the behaviors of Jaded "Pros" (who are self appointed and often more knowledgable about creating websites than the physiology of the animals they "Breed")

It does take more time and tedium to manage living things as if they are living.

Time is Money.

It isnt right. I hope he never gets to be near animals again, but Im sure that wont happen and that he will continue his enterprise.

:(
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Not a whole lot of discussion about this in the herp community. ..

Just read something on fauna and the thread started like this :

Im hesitant to post this

and then alot of talk from other people hoping he gets help because he has mental issues.

ugh so sick of pc excuses and other bs enablement i could puke.
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

Kelly Mc wrote:Not a whole lot of discussion about this in the herp community. ..

Just read something on fauna and the thread started like this :

Im hesitant to post this[/b.

I think I'd agree based on the scenario that he may have mental illness. At the same time, I can't support the "I'm hesitant to post" mindset either. The "herping community" should address issues like this head-on and (hopefully) the consensus will be "this individual does not represent what we're about." Silence in many cases implies consent of such behavior, unfortunately.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Yeah Chris sometimes it seems like if its mentioned, its feared to draw attention. i read someone posting that somewhere about a similiar issue - not here. But that cant really work and transparency works in a healthy way in most everything.

Man Chris I really get disgusted at this kind of thing.. He's lucid enough to run his dealios, etc. I hope he's through forever.
Noah M

Post by Noah M »

I saw the news article yesterday, and came here today to see somebody else has posted it. I don't check the news forum that often.

There is obvious concern for the animal's welfare, but I also hope that he and his employees, if any were injured or traumatized, receive help too. This seems like more than just a case of an angry boss.
Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

It isnt right. I hope he never gets to be near animals again
This is my hope as well.