jonathan

Snake can't handle centipede prey

Post by jonathan »

This definitely isn't a scenario I would have expected:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/sna ... 03220.html
hellihooks

Re: Snake can't handle centipede prey

Post by hellihooks »

kinda gives new meaning to the words "chewed his butt out" :lol: I had a force-fed mealworm chew his way out of a hatchling Hatian boa, back in the 70's... live and learn... :?
BillMcGighan

Post by BillMcGighan »

Only mildly related, Jonathon, but I kept a huge Asian centipede (Scelopendra) for about 3 months. It ate virtually anything it could catch, including fuzzy rats. One time, I gave it a freshly killed, ½ grown rat, and it “chewed” into the skin, then entered the rat, filled up on softer parts, then exited the same hole!
TurtleTim

Post by TurtleTim »

Large centipedes are like, all of my nightmares condensed into one many legged horror. The image of it bursting through the snake is only slightly less terrifying then the thought of something willingly putting it in its mouth.

Lol.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

I have a friend who was staying in a village in Guatemala, and he swears that he woke up in the middle of the night and a 3-foot long centipede was crawling across the ceiling of his hut. Now, I am certain it wasn't really 3-foot long, but imagining how big it was still leaves plenty of room for nightmares.