HERP Mobile App Not Working

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Rancorrye

HERP Mobile App Not Working

Post by Rancorrye »

I just did the new iphone software update and now the HERP mobile app isn't working. I get an alert that says the app needs to be updated. Checked with a friend who said he's having the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Rye
Steve Bledsoe

Re: HERP Mobile App Not Working

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

I don't use the HERP phone app, but since I upgraded my iPhone with the latest software, it doesn't work with the GPS app in my phone anymore. I get the same warning that you're getting saying that the app needs to be upgraded. I imagine the new iPhone software is incompatible with a lot of older apps.

Computer companies call it 'upgrading'. I call it extortion!
chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin »

Steve Bledsoe wrote:Computer companies call it 'upgrading'. I call it extortion!
Just repeat the mantra: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :lol:

The app still works on my Android device. Too bad the GPS hardware itself is lousy on this particular phone. Still, I'm trying to hold out at least another 6-12 months before getting a newer phone.
Rancorrye

Post by Rancorrye »

Well hopefully it gets updated. I was just getting back into the swing of things after not entering much for the past few years.
Rancorrye

Post by Rancorrye »

Well hopefully it gets updated. I was just getting back into the swing of things after not entering much for the past few years.
Don Becker

Post by Don Becker »

Are you using HERP Mobile, or Mobile Mapper? Mobile Mapper replaced HERP Mobile a long time ago.

http://www.naherp.com/app.php
Rancorrye

Post by Rancorrye »

Don Becker wrote:Are you using HERP Mobile, or Mobile Mapper? Mobile Mapper replaced HERP Mobile a long time ago.

http://www.naherp.com/app.php
I’m using herp mobile for naherp. I thought mobile mapper was for herp mapper?
Don Becker

Post by Don Becker »

Mobile Mapper was made to work with HerpMapper, NAHERP, and a few other projects, so I didn't have to maintain separate apps for each one.
Rancorrye

Post by Rancorrye »

Don Becker wrote:Mobile Mapper was made to work with HerpMapper, NAHERP, and a few other projects, so I didn't have to maintain separate apps for each one.
Gotcha. Didn’t realize that. I’ll download that now.

Thanks,
Rye
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Glad to hear you're getting back into collecting & uploading observation data, Rye. Also, your question will help me out too, since I did the iPhone software "extortion" but hadn't yet discovered the incompatibility "feature" w/ the old app. I will also install the new app. So thank you.

See you at the 2017 pickle party. Carpool?

cheers
Rancorrye

Post by Rancorrye »

Jimi wrote:Glad to hear you're getting back into collecting & uploading observation data, Rye. Also, your question will help me out too, since I did the iPhone software "extortion" but hadn't yet discovered the incompatibility "feature" w/ the old app. I will also install the new app. So thank you.

See you at the 2017 pickle party. Carpool?

cheers
Yes, I am planning on attending the pickle party. Carpooling would be great. I can drive this year, if you’d like.