Database export glitch?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

chrish

Database export glitch?

Post by chrish »

Don,

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but when I export my data as a CSV file, it exports the data correctly. It lists the record date as the date it was found.

But when I export a KML file, there is no date attached to the record. It lists the date created and the date modified, but not the actual date of the record.

Am I missing something? Anyone else see this?

Chris
spinifer

Re: Database export glitch?

Post by spinifer »

Chris,

You are correct, thats what it does. I think there is really no need to have Date Created and Date Modified included. These should definitely be replaced with Date observed.
Don Becker

Post by Don Becker »

spinifer wrote:I think there is really no need to have Date Created and Date Modified included.
Well, I'm actually surprised I left this off the CSV export. The point of having data created and modified is for when you are comparing to an existing data set. You can compare the times to see which one has the most recent data.

As for missing time in google earth... umm... I see it fine. I click the record, and it has Species, Record Number, Created, Modified, and then right under that, to the left of Age, I have Time, which is the time of the sighting. Am I missing something?
spinifer

Post by spinifer »

psyon wrote:
spinifer wrote:I think there is really no need to have Date Created and Date Modified included.
Well, I'm actually surprised I left this off the CSV export. The point of having data created and modified is for when you are comparing to an existing data set. You can compare the times to see which one has the most recent data.

As for missing time in google earth... umm... I see it fine. I click the record, and it has Species, Record Number, Created, Modified, and then right under that, to the left of Age, I have Time, which is the time of the sighting. Am I missing something?
Agreed. It should be on the CSV too.

I was thinking in terms of the KLM, you only have select information, not all of it like the CSV....but I see your point

Not time....date. It is only showing time of day, but not the date on which is was observed.
Don Becker

Post by Don Becker »

spinifer wrote:Not time....date. It is only showing time of day, but not the date on which is was observed.
Ohh.... I was looking at View my records in google earth, not KML export. That would explain it. Should be fixed.